While both are important, your student records are not the same as a student transcript. To avoid any delays in your continued study or work, be sure that you know which you need before submitting your request.
Student records include information about a student while they attend a CBE school.
You may need your student record when you apply to enter the military, continue your secondary education or need to provide evidence of English elementary education (for Bill 101 in Quebec).
A student transcript is an official record of high school marks accepted by post-secondary institutions. This document is issued by Alberta Education. There is a fee for this service.
Your school or our records department can provide you with an unofficial transcript (record of your marks).
To get your diploma exam results
Starting in April 2015, diploma exam results will only be available online via myPass, Alberta Education’s secure self-service website for high school students. Students who have not signed up for myPass when their diploma exam results are released will automatically be mailed a letter with instructions on how they can obtain access to myPass.
Using myPass, students will be able to:
- View and print diploma exam results statements
- Order an Alberta Official Transcript of High School Achievement
- View an unofficial copy of an ordered transcript
- View progress towards a high school credential (diploma or certificate)
- View student personal information
- View and print a detailed academic report (DAR)
- Order additional copies of a high school credential (diploma or certificate)
Postcards outlining myPass were made available to every student writing a diploma exam in the April 2015 or June 2015 writing sessions and will also be available to students writing a diploma exam in August 2015.
To get a copy of your transcript
You can request your official transcript through the Alberta Education website
. For more information or assistance, please contact the Alberta Education Information Exchange in Edmonton at 780-427-5732.
To get a copy of your student record:
- If you are currently a student in a CBE school, please contact your school directly; if you were previously a student but no longer attend a CBE school, please contact records management (403-817-6175).
- For letters of confirmation of enrolment (for example for the Canada Revenue Agency or Permanent Residency Application), if you are currently a student in a CBE school, please contact your school directly; if you were previously a student but no longer attend a CBE school, please contact records management (403-817-6175).
- For records from a Calgary Catholic school, contact the Calgary Catholic School District.
- If you are looking for records from adult academic courses, contact Alberta Education.
- If you took High School Upgrading or Summer School credit courses with Chinook Learning Services, call 403-777-7200.
- If you took non-credit Continuing Education courses with Chinook Learning Services, call 403-777-7550.
- For all other requests, fill out the Student Records Request and Authorization Form, sign it, and mail or fax as per the instructions on the form.