Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Intro to Hardware and Networking
Information Technology (IT) Services bundles two courses (CMPH209 and
CPNT219) together from SAIT’s new
Information Technology Services program. In Introduction to Hardware (CMPH209), students will get a jump start to their career as an IT professional with hands-on experience with both the hardware and software essentials of computer systems. Introduction to Networks (CPNT219) will introduce students to network terminology, devices, standards and different networking protocols. These courses both use the most recent technology and industry-supported curriculum to provide students with a strong foundation in IT support.
- Learn from experienced instructors about leading-edge technology and processes
- Gain skills and knowledge in a growing local ICT industry
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while still in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support learning transitions
10 Credits, 30 level CTS
6 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- are in grades 11 or 12 during the program
- have a strong interest to explore a pathway in software development
- are detail-oriented and possess basic computer literacites including the ability to use word processing and communication software (knowledge of Microsoft Office is an asset)
- are excited about working collaboratively in a post-secondary learning environment
- are able to commit to the duration of the program and can attend in-person classes Monday to Thursday mornings from 8:30 – 11:30 am for the duration of the program
on track to complete the following courses:
- Math 30-1 or 30-2 (minimum 60%)
- English 30-1 or 30-2 (minimum 60%)
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from SAIT main campus (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary AB T2M 0L4)
- Please note an application does not guarantee a seat in a program. Programs have maximum cohort sizes.
Program Delivery and Location
- Blended with in-person learning at SAIT (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary AB T2M 0L4) as well as online, synchronous learning
- Semester 2 (February to May), Monday-Thursday mornings, 8:30-11:30 am
How to Apply
- Read through the course(s) you are interested in applying for
- Review program choice with School Off-Campus Coordinator/Guidance Counsellor for program readiness and timetabling
- You are highly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions either before or after you apply for the program(s) to ensure the program is a good fit for you
- Download and fill in the Dual Credit Application Form Package.
- Refer to the application checklist and ensure all items are complete
- Book an appointment with your Off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to complete your application with signatures from all parties
- The school will submit the application to Unique Pathways on your behalf
All applications must be received on or before
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM. An application does not guarantee a seat in the program
Applications are now closed.
Unique Pathways invites students and guardians to save the date for an Information Sessions regarding details of your program(s) of interest. Follow the link to find out meeting dates, times and a link to the online Information Session.