Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Pre-employment Autobody
In partnership with the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology (SAIT), this Pre-employment Autobody course prepares students to enter the workforce and become an Autobody apprentice. This program provides an alternative entry into the auto body industry. Students will acquire the skills to prepare a vehicle for auto body repair by removing paint finish, taping, sanding and masking.
Students will learn safe auto body prep and detail practices and procedures. Hands-on practice includes substrate preparation, application of fillers and undercoats, sanding, taping and masking, installation and detail, component removal, safety and tools.
See the SAIT
Dual Credit Handbook for further information about being a SAIT dual credit student.
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while still in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions
- Learn about on-going opportunities and experience post-secondary learning
- Taught by experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways
- Earn high school credits and post-secondary credits
Credits - 15, 30 level CTS
12 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- Are in grades 11 or 12 during the program
- Have a strong interest to explore a pathway in Autobody
- Are excited about taking a post-secondary course
completed the following pre-requisite courses:
- HCS 3000
- HCS 3010
- CSTS 2020
- In order to be eligible for SAIT credentials, students are required to be
on track to successfully pass the following courses or equivalents:
- Math 20-1, Math 20-2, or Math 20-3,
- English Language Arts 20-1 or English Language Arts 20-2,
- Science 10
- Students must have space in their full year timetable to accommodate the program delivery, location, and dates indicated below
- Students must submit a personal learning schedule with their application (see application checklist for details).
- Students must be registered as a Full-Time student, taking at least one core academic course at their CBE home high school in each semester
- Students will be expected to communicate with both their CBE supervising teacher and SAIT instructor on a regular basis
- Students are expected to wear the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE):
- CSA approved 8” steel-toed boots (must have the CSA green triangle on boot)
- Safety clothing that pertains to the industry such as long sleeve shirts, cotton pants, coveralls etc.
Program Delivery and Location
This course is offered In Person
Location: SAIT Campus (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary, AB T2M 0L4)
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from SAIT campus
- Students are expected to be in attendance each day of this full year program
- Students must meet all course assignment, quiz and test deadlines
- Full Year | September - June
- Monday - Thursday 8:30 am - 11:30 am
How to Apply
Applications for Summer and Fall programming deadlines have passed. Please talk to your home high school Off-campus Coordinator or Guidance Counsellor to start planning for future programs! Winter courses and application deadlines will be posted in the fall.