Exploring Career Choices
Dual Credit - Information Technology Services
Information Technology (IT) Services bundles two courses (CMPH209 and
CPNT219) together from SAIT’s new
Information Technology Services program. In Introduction to Hardware (CMPH209), students will get a jump start to their career as an IT professional with hands-on experience with both the hardware and software essentials of computer systems. Introduction to Networks (CPNT219) will introduce students to network terminology, devices, standards and different networking protocols. These courses both use the most recent technology and industry-supported curriculum to provide students with a strong foundation in IT support.
- Learn from experienced instructors about leading-edge technology and processes
- Gain skills and knowledge in a growing local ICT industry
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while still in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support learning transitions
Credits - 10, 30 level CTS
6 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- are in grades 11 or 12 during the program
- have a strong interest to explore a pathway in software development
- are detail-oriented and possess basic computer literacites including the ability to use word processing and communication software (knowledge of Microsoft Office is an asset)
- are excited about working collaboratively in a post-secondary learning environment
- are able to commit to the duration of the program and can attend in-person classes Monday to Thursday mornings from 8:30 – 11:30 am for the duration of the program
on track to complete the following courses:
- Math 30-1 or 30-2 (minimum 60%)
- English 30-1 or 30-2 (minimum 60%)
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from SAIT main campus (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary AB T2M 0L4)
- Please note an application does not guarantee a seat in a program. Programs have maximum cohort sizes.
Program Delivery and Location
- Please note that this program is still in development and details are subject to change.
- Blended with in-person learning at SAIT (1301 16 Ave NW, Calgary AB T2M 0L4) as well as online, synchronous learning
- Semester 2 (February to May), Monday-Thursday mornings, 8:30-11:30 am
How to Apply
- The application deadline for February 2023 programming has now passed. Please talk to your home high school Off-campus Coordinator or Guidance Counsellor to start planning for future programs!
- Applications for Summer and Fall 2023 programs will be posted in Spring 2023 – check back often!
The application deadline for February 2023 has now passed. Please talk to your home high school Off-campus Coordinator or Guidance Counsellor to start planning for future programs!