Producing Horticulture Crops (HRT1700) provides an introduction to horticulture crop production opportunities, including producing food crops in a modified environment, examining the tools and equipment used in the industry, and developing a land use plan for a horticulture crop production business.
Participation in this course could lead to the following career pathways:
- Horticulture Technician
- Horticulture Technologist
- Crop Management
course outline and the Olds College
Dual Credit Student Tip Sheetfor information about being a Olds Dual Credit student.
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions
- Learn about on-going opportunities and experience post-secondary learning
- Taught by an experienced instructor who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways