Building & Modernizing Schools
Marshall Springs School Construction
The construction status is updated using the Construction Projects Status Report that is presented monthly to the Board of Trustees.
|Design and Specifications
|Steel Fabrication and Erection
|Roofing and Membranes
Project Timeline and Background
- Structural steel installation is ongoing. Construction schedule has been re-assessed. Slabs on grade completed. Mechanical and electrical rough ins have commended. There is increasing activity on site and construction is back on track.
- Structural steel installation has commenced. Construction schedule has been re-assessed. There is increasing activity on site and construction is back on schedule. Contractor continuing to accelerate schedule to meet substantial completion by year end.
- Structural steel framing in ongoing. Masonry walls to gymnasium ongoing. Shallow underground piping being installed. Contractor attempting to accelerate schedule to meet substantial completion by year end.
- Full Building Permit was finally released by the City mid-January 2016. The project is now forecast to be 2 months behind schedule.
- Foundations are complete, following the stripping and preparation of the site. Awaiting structural steel installation. Construction schedule being re-assessed. Full Building Permit has not yet been released by the City. This project is at major risk due to delays with permitting approvals and progress constraints. The project is now forecast to be 1 month behind schedule.
- Foundations are being completed, following the stripping and preparation of the site. Awaiting delivery of structural steel. Construction schedule being re-assessed. Full Building Permit has not yet been released by the City.
- Alberta Infrastructure approved the construction contract award to LEAR Construction Management Ltd. Mobilization and construction commenced at the end of September 2015.
- Lump sum tender documents were issued
- Open house held for stakeholders to hear about proposed designations, walk zones and grade configurations
- The design-build responses were unsatisfactory and over budget.
- Design-build proposal documents have been issued and contarctor proposals received
- Design-build proposal documents have been developed and are being reviewed prior to release
- Open house held for stakeholders to learn about plans
- Development permit application submitted
- Open House held for stakeholders to view design plans
- The provincial government announced the funding for the construction of a middle school in Evergreen
Design and Construction
- Bridging Consultants - Zeidler Partnership Architects
- LEAR Construction Management Ltd.
If you have any feedback that you would like to share with us, please fill out our online form.
Dialogue Feedback Form
Last modified: 6/21/2017 5:58 PM
Website feedback: Webmaster