High School Grades 10-12 | Modernization
Expected Completion Date | Fall 2019
Parent Update | June 26, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians,
The 2018-19 year is just ending and we are already looking forward to welcoming students in the fall. As you know, Forest Lawn High School has been going through a modernization this year, particularly in our Career and Technology (CTS) spaces and I’m excited to tell you that these spaces will be ready for students in September.
This is what students can look forward to:
- Fabrication / Welding Shop: A second new welding lab.
- Automotive Mechanics / Heavy Equipment Shops and Integrated Classrooms: Three new mechanics shops with integrated classrooms and state of the art tools and equipment.
- Carpentry Shop: New carpentry shop with the latest in tools and technology.
- Band Room: A new dedicated space for the Forest Lawn High School band and choir.
- Fitness Centre: New centrally located fitness centre.
- Sports Medicine: New dedicated space for delivering on demand sports medicine.
Our new learning spaces will give students the opportunity to gain knowledge and develop new skills in state-of-the-art facilities with professional level equipment. Everyone at Forest Lawn is very excited for the students and we can’t wait to see how learning in these new spaces will contribute to their success.
I will send an update on Phase 2 of the modernization in the fall. Please contact me if you have any questions about the modernization.
Principal, Forest Lawn High School
t | 403-272-6665
Questions & Answers
Information on the changes taking place at Forest Lawn High School including the modernization, Area 3 office and Chinook Learning (ELL/LINC).
The construction status is updated using the Construction Projects Status Report that is presented to the Board of Trustees.
|Phase One Design and Specifications
|Phase One Construction Award
|Phase One Construction Progress
|Phase Two Design and Specifications
|Phase one drawings
|Phase one tender
|Phase one tender review
|Phase two drawings