School Planning Engagements
Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program Site (Grades 1-6)
Status | Complete
Update on a Single Site for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Program (Grades 1-6)
In the 2014-15 school year, the Calgary Board of Education (CBE) conducted a review of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing (DHH) Program. This review provided parents, staff, specialists of the DHH Program and others with an opportunity to share their thoughts and perspectives on the program. The review resulted in a number of recommendations including combining students attending the DHH Program in Grades 1-6 into a single location.
Decision | It has been determined that the most appropriate location is Jennie Elliott School. The plan is to welcome Grade 1 – 6 students attending the DHH Program into Jennie Elliott School at the start of the 2018-2019 school year. Between now and then, we will be working to ensure a smooth transition for the students, parents and staff affected by this move.
Read the presentation to parents of DHH Program students on the transition of Grades 1-6 to a single site to learn more.
Parents of students in the Grade 1-6 Program and at Jennie Elliott School were invited to complete an online survey to help ensure a smooth transition for students, parents and staff affected by this move.
- DHH Program page
- Presentation to Parents of DHH Program students | May 17, 2017
- Parent Letter, Jennie Elliott School | May 17, 2017
- Parent Letter, Queen Elizabeth School | May 18, 2017
- Parent Letter, Queen Elizabeth High School | May 18, 2017
- Parent Letter, Stanley Jones School | May 18, 2017
- DHH Program Review | Mar. 13, 2014
- DHH Program Review Recommendations | May 20, 2015
Last modified: 9/14/2018 10:34 AM
Website feedback: Webmaster