Decision | The proposed grade configuration change will take effect for the 2015- 2016 school year.
Meeting with Parents
We shared information regarding grade configuration changes at schools south of 16th Avenue East at the following meetings:
- January 13, 2015 at Bob Edwards School, 4424 Marlborough Dr. NE
- Includes feeder schools: Marlborough and Mayland Heights Schools
- January 20, 2015 at Ernest Morrow School, 1212 47 St. SE
- Includes feeder schools: James Short, G.W. Skene, Keeler, Patrick Airlie and Penbrooke Meadows Schools.
- January 27, 2015 at Ian Bazalgette School, 3909 26 Ave. SE
- Includes feeder schools: West Dover, Valley View and Erin Woods Schools.
Reason for Engagement
CBE junior high schools south of 16th Avenue East have excess space. This space has provided an opportunity to change the grade configurations at elementary and junior high schools to a smaller grade groupings Kindergarten – Grade 5 and Grade 6-9.
In the middle schools students will spend four years with teachers who will know them well and have specialized curriculum knowledge as well as expertise with early adolescent learners. Middle school students will have additional choice in option courses, more student leadership and extracurricular opportunities and additional learning supports.