As the largest school district in Western Canada, we offer a depth and breadth of programs and supports to meet the unique learning needs and interests of an increasingly diverse population. We focus on personalizing the learning experience so that each student is engaged, inspired and learning to their full potential.
We are a leader in education and are proud of our students and the outstanding results they continue to achieve.
Each student, in keeping with his or her individual abilities and gifts, will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to thrive in life, work and continued learning.
Students come first.
We believe that everyone can learn. Each student is unique and worthwhile. We acknowledge, recognize and celebrate the diversity of our learners. Success for each and every student is the goal of our work.
Learning is our central purpose.
We believe that learning empowers students to achieve their potential. Attention to continuous improvement, high expectations, innovation and relationships will enable all students to reach their potential. Student learning is at the heart of everyone's work at the Calgary Board of Education.
Public education serves the common good.
Public education is essential for a vibrant democracy. The principles of democracy drive our accountability to the public and the public's participation in our work. Our school system is owned by and accountable to Calgarians and therefore, the Calgary Board of Education is accountable to Calgary taxpayers for using resources wisely to meet students' learning needs.
In this section you can:
- Learn more about the Calgary Board of Education
- Meet our Chief Superintendent and other CBE Leaders
- Meet our Board of Trustees
- View Budget and Financial Information
- Find Facts and Figures about CBE
- Read about our Environmental Stewardship initiatives
- See the monthly message from the Chief Superintendent or Board of Trustees to our schools
- View our Community Report
- View our Policies and Regulations