Campus Calgary/Open Minds is an award-winning program that provides authentic learning experiences to transform teaching and learning by increasing engagement through community, funder, and educational partnerships. Creating personalized and flexible learning programs for each student, Campus Calgary/Open Minds provides a dynamic learning experience by connecting students in the community for five days and connecting them to experts who are passionate about experiential learning.
Step One : Login
For CBE and CCSD teachers, please be logged into your google or learn accounts before beginning this application process.
For CBE Teachers
CBE teachers, please be logged into your CBE google accounts (educbe) before starting. Your username will be the same as your firstname.lastname@example.org account but will require the
educbe.ca suffix. The CBE google application form is found here:
For CCSD Teachers
CCSD teachers, please be logged into your CCSD google accounts (learn) before starting. Your username will be the same as your email@example.com account but will require the
learn.cssd.ab.ca suffix. The CCSD google application form is found here:
For Independents/Charters or CBE/CCSD teachers unable to access district accounts
Independent teachers, and CBE and CCSD teachers who can’t log into their google accounts, use this google application form:
https://forms.gle/N9AYVcBrviQqCeK1A. You will email your Application Supporting Document to Jennifer Meredith at
Step Two: Submit an Application Supporting Document
How to Apply
The application is a Google form in which you will upload your Application Supporting Document. Please ensure that when you apply, you look at the requirements for the Application Supporting Document. The application changed last year, and your application must reflect current expectations.
In the Application Supporting Document you will share the following:
1. What is your Big Idea/Question/Provocation and how do you see this influencing/inspiring your year’s work?
- What are some other essential questions that can support this as well?
- What are some in-school learning connections you anticipate happening before and after your CCOM experience?
- How are you as a teacher or teaching team ‘connected’ to this big idea/question/provocation? Where are your personal interests/passions in this?
2. What do you hope/want your students to come to understand as part of this Campus Calgary / Open Minds experience?
- When it’s all said and done, what are some potential pieces of learning that you want your students to take away with them, as part of their work with a site?
3. Campus Calgary / Open Minds is just as much for teachers as it is for students. With that in mind, what do you want to come to understand as part of this CCOM experience?
- How do you want/hope this experience will influence your teaching practice?
- If you are accepted and there are changes to your teaching team, how will the new teachers be supported to be prepared for their CCOM experience?
4. Why this site? How do you anticipate this site supporting your big question and your students learning?
- How will your first-choice site(s) support specific learning for you and your students based on your big question?
- Briefly share how your second and third-choices will support your big question?
5. Who are your students? Who is your school community?
- Share how and why you feel that this experience will be impactful for your learners and school community.
- Please include anything additional information you’d like, to support your application.
**How you layout/organize this information is up to you, but please make sure that all of this is contained within your Application Supporting Document. ** This file may be a .pdf, .docx/.doc, google doc, or other typical multimedia files. (please do not use Pages).
For more information about Campus Calgary / Open Minds, join us for an Information Session on Wednesday April 19 (in-person), Location: City Hall School classroom, Municipal Building (800 Macleod Tr SE):
For teachers new to Campus Calgary / Open Minds, further questions will be answered at upcoming information sessions. Please see the dates below.