World-Class School System
The CBE is one of the most culturally diverse school boards in Western Canada. With over 250 schools, more than 131,000 students and a wide array of regular and alternative programming, we offer challenging and rewarding careers.
We look for talented people who create exceptional learning conditions and who enable outstanding student results. For several years now, CBE students have outperformed their provincial counterparts on almost all achievement tests and diploma exam measures.
But it's about more than just academic performance. We recognize that all our employees are integral to our students' success, and it's their commitment to creating stimulating learning environments that makes the difference.
We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package (see our collective agreements), ongoing professional development and a breadth of opportunities inside and outside the classroom to develop your skills and your career.
We believe in and invest in our employees so that they will go on to support and sustain our first-class school system. Working in a large urban district like Calgary means there are many opportunities to grow and advance your career.
- highly competitive salary
- new teachers with 4 years of education have a starting salary of $61,293
- teachers with 6 years of education and more than 11 years of experience can make up to $105,173.
- Numerous benefits
- Vacation time, holidays, pension plan, healthcare, dependants' health plans, life insurance
- career opportunities
- wide selection of jobs, varied career paths, professional development and leadership opportunities
Join us and be part of a world-class education system where employees are highly valued and recognized as the driving force behind our students’ success. Come teach with us or share your expertise in a support role.