I can't see a course or new school after I log in.
Talk to your teacher. You may need to be enrolled before you can see your course or the course may not yet be active.
Assignments dropbox – I'm having trouble submitting my assignment.
Check out these tips for submitting assignments.
Use a compatible file type:
- See all supported file types
- Some high schools use Turnitin services with assignments, supported file types for this service can be found
There is a 150MB file size limit. To compress larger files:
- Try zipping the file
- For large PowerPoint presentations, try to compress pictures.
- For files without video, convert the file to PDF before you submit it or upload it to Google Drive and use the search in Assignments to choose your Google drive file. This will submit it as a PDF automatically.
To verify your submission was successful:
- Be sure to click the Submit button and view the confirmation pop-up.
- After submission, an automatic email is sent to your CBE email address confirming the submission was successful. Look for this email confirmation, and consider keeping the emails until the end of the course.
- In the Assignment folder, students can use the View History option to see all their past submissions.
I can’t see any Content topics at all, what can I do?
Brightspace requires the newest version of Chrome, Safari, Firefox or Edge to open content. Chrome is recommended. Try updating your device to any of these browsers newest versions. Some older devices, such as older ipads may not be able to update to the newest Browser versions. If your device won’t update try another device/computer or contact your teacher to let them know.
Where can I find help with Virtual Classroom support
Support can be found on our
virtual classroom page.
Students can choose to receive email or text message notifications from Brightspace about their due dates, new content items, discussions, assignments, ePortfolio, quizzes, grades, announcements and more.
To watch a video of how to set up notifications by email or mobile, click
Troubleshoot - Not receiving SMS verification code? Double-check that the cell number and mobile carrier entered is correct. Check with your carrier that your service supports SMS (text) notifications.
Please note: email notifications will show as coming from D2Lnotifications(at)cbe.ab.ca and this is a no-reply email where replies are not received.