MyCBE / PowerSchool
Signing-In & Out
Why are we getting rid of My CBE Account and HomeLogic?
These well-known applications were connected to the CBE’s old Student Information System (SIRS). The CBE is implementing a new core system – PowerSchool – that provides parents, students and staff seamless access to the same information and transactions they are used to, but in a more modern/effective technology platform.
Parents still have online access to Pay Fees, Fee Waiver, Transportation Registration, Noon Supervision Registration, D2L Parent Access and booking School Conferences. In addition, they will still be able to view student progress online.
How can parents/guardians access the CBE online applications?
Parents and guardians will need to setup a new PowerSchool account to do any online transactions.
How can parents/guardians view student progress online?
Student progress (grades and attendance) can be viewed online within the same PowerSchool account that will allow access to the CBE online applications.
Do students have to create a new PowerSchool account as well?
No, students who are enrolled at the CBE will automatically have their PowerSchool account created for them. They can sign in using their CBE Student ID number and existing network password.
Now that I have successfully signed in, I can see my child’s fall class schedule. Is this the final schedule?
At this time (late August 2018) parents and students may be able see draft information about class schedules for the coming year. It is important to remember that schools are still in the process of finalizing student schedules. Students will be given their 2018-19 student schedule the first week of school. We ask for your patience while we work through this annual process.
Does a parent need a PowerSchool Parent Account to get SchoolMessenger messages (i.e., emails sent from school)?
Parents do not need a PowerSchool Parent Account to get SchoolMessenger messages.
IS a legal guardian in PowerSchool (with a valid email/phone number), they will get SchoolMessenger broadcasts. It doesn’t matter if they have created a PowerSchool Parent Account or not.
IS NOT a legal guardian in PowerSchool, they will NOT get SchoolMessenger broadcasts. It doesn’t matter if they have created a PowerSchool Parent Account or not.
Anyone with the student’s access key and student ID can create a PowerSchool Parent Account, but creating that account that does not mean that person is a legal guardian. SchoolMessenger will only send to people identified as legal guardians in PowerSchool.
This means that:
- If parents want to update the email address their messages are sent to, they must still do that by informing the school and having their contact information changed in PowerSchool. They cannot change their contact information through their PowerSchool Parent Account.
- No matter which email address a legal guardian uses to create their PowerSchool Parent Account, if they want to subscribe to receive commercial messages, they must use the email address on file with the school.
What happens if I use a password management tool?
You may experience issues saving your MyCBE / PowerSchool password. You may need to manually save your password, instead of letting your password manager update it automatically.
How do I create a new account in the My CBE / PowerSchool portal?
Creating your account involves a multi-step process that starts with a visit to this website:
- Click on the “Create Parent Account” button. Fill in/submit the short form to Request an Access Key for each child. You will need to provide:
Once you receive a reply email with Access Key(s) for your student(s), complete the form on the Account Creation page. This includes entering your first and last name, your email address and creating a password for the site. Once you have created your account, you can sign in and begin completing tasks.
- your contact email on file at the school (for that child)
- the child’s CBE Student ID Number
- the child’s date of birth
Please note that the Access Key is case sensitive.
When entering your Access Key, it is best to copy and paste the complete number. Access keys are case sensitive and must be entered exactly as they appear in the email you received.
Where can I find my child’s student ID number?
Your child’s Student ID number can be found:
- on your child’s report card beside their name
- on your child's student ID card
- if neither of these are available, you may need to ask your child for the number or visit your school in person. (The CBE cannot give out this number over the phone.)
- You entered the wrong CBE Student ID number
- You entered the wrong Access Key number
Check your information and try again.
How do I add an additional child to my account?
Additional students can be linked to your parent account in the Account Preferences section.
- Logon to your PowerSchool account.
- Select Account Preferences from the Navigation menu.
- Select the Students tab and click the Add button.
- Fill in all student information fields and click OK.
If you successfully linked your student to your account, you will see a confirmation message and the new student’s name listed under My Students. You will also see your student’s name on the navigation toolbar at the top of the page.
Lastly, you will receive an email advising you of the account change.
Who can request an access key?
Any individual who is designated as the guardian of a student in the CBE system is able to request and obtain an access key through the online tool. This may include parents, guardians, social workers, etc.
Who can create a Parent Account?
Parents and guardians may choose to share their student’s access key with others, who can then create a PowerSchool account, for example, to view the student’s school progress.
Where can I get help with Creating an Account for MyCBE / PowerSchool?
- See our MyCBE / PowerSchool Support Documents (available in multiple languages through Google Translator).
Call the Parent Account Help line – 403-817-6373.
- Creating an Account
- Frequently Asked Questions for Parents
Talk to your School Administrators
- Agents are available during weekday business hours to help parents set up their account, including acquiring Access Keys and adding children to their account.
- Agents have no access to information within PowerSchool, so they are unable to view nor verify email addresses, student IDs, etc.
- This help line does not provide general support for using MyCBE / PowerSchool, only account creation support.
- Agents assume callers are successfully connected to the internet. Agents cannot provide troubleshooting support for computers, browsers, etc.
- Unfortunately, our agents can only provide service in the English language.
Signing-In & Out
How do I sign in to the My CBE / PowerSchool Portal?
Go to the Student & Parent Login page and enter your Username and Password. Students must use their CBE Student ID number and network password to sign in.
How do I sign out?
There are two ways to sign out.
- Click on the Sign Out button on the top right of your screen.
- If you have navigated away from the portal to a specific application, simply signing out of that application will close/end your portal session.
My account has been locked. What do I do?
You must click on the link to reset your password. The act of resetting the password automatically unlocks an account.