Student Account and Password Help
Are you new to the CBE?
- If you are new to CBE and don't know your password, ask your teacher for your initial password.
- You will need to change your password before you log in to CBE applications like Brightspace or G Suite for Education for the first time unless your school tells you otherwise.
- If you need to change your password use the
Student Password Hub .
What’s my username?
- CBE students log in to Brightspace with their
student ID number.
- Your teacher or school staff can tell you your student ID number.
- Some students may have
dash and code at the end of their student ID which is
not used to log on to Brightspace. For example, log on to your school computer with 99991234-972, then log on to Brightspace with
I don’t know (or forgot) my password.
- Your Brightspace password is your CBE network password.
- If you already set up a recovery email in your
Student Password Hub profile, you can reset your own password.
- Talk to your teacher. School staff have access to tools to help you reset your passwords.
How do I change my password?
Use the Student Password Hub to:
- Change your password
- Set up a profile with a recovery email in case you forget your password.
You can also use other computer tools to change your password;
- On a CBE Windows computer on the CBE network: CTRL ALT Delete > Change Password
- On a CBE Mac computer on the CBE network: System Preferences > Security and Privacy
I know my username and password but it is not accepted.
If you know you have the right username and password, make sure you have cookies enabled on your browser. Cookies need to be enabled to authenticate you.
I get looped back to the login page again after I enter my username/password.
Be sure you have cookies enabled on your Browser. Cookies are required for the login page to authenticate you.
Learn how for Chrome.
What if I’m still having issues logging in?
- If you see the message "invalid username and/or password" use the Student Password Hub to change your password.
- If changing your password doesn’t work, talk to your teacher. Your teacher can get help for you.
- If you are a student at CBe-learn school or Chinook Learning Services, please go to their websites for help.
Is Brightspace access forever?
When you leave the CBE or graduate, you will lose access to all of your courses and school work in Brightspace by D2L. Download your work from your
ePortfolio (from your Brightspace homepage under the “Student Tools” tab) BEFORE you leave.
Stay safe / Don't get hacked
these safety tips from Google for ideas including:
- Use a strong password, and never share your password.
- Always log out of Brightspace when you leave your computer. Don't just close your browser.
- Set up your computer, laptop, tablet or phone to automatically lock with a PIN when it goes to sleep.
If you think your account was hacked, tell your teacher or principal right away so they can help you. If you know it, also change your password as soon as possible with the
Student Password Hub.
If you feel that someone is acting inappropriately online or you are feeling unsafe, talk to your someone you trust such as your teacher or principal as soon as possible.
Cyber-bullying is never OK.