SchoolEngage is a form management system that simplifies the exchange of information between home and school. As of January 2022, parents, legal guardians and independent students in The Calgary Board of Education are able to complete forms. A picture or scan of required documents (e.g., birth certificate) can be uploaded to the platform using mobile devices and computers.
The first forms to be made available in this platform are Grades 1-12 and ECS-Kindergarten forms for regular program registration (2022-23 school year). Over the next several years, the majority of student forms will be transitioned to SchoolEngage.
The platform offers many new benefits.
- The person who owns the information, inputs the information.
- Increased accuracy of entered information.
- Clear, step-by-step online process.
- As forms begin to move online, families will be able to review and track forms (less missing pieces of paper stuffed in the backpack).
- Significant reduction in paper use.