The Calgary Board of Education has summer school opportunities for students. Summer School is a great opportunity for you to:
- Upgrade or take one course that won't fit in your schedule during the school year
- Gain valuable work experience while earning credits
Important | summer school classes fill up quickly, so register early to avoid disappointment
Provincial Diploma Examinations usually occur during the first two weeks of August. Schedules are subject to change by Alberta Education at any time. For up-to-date information related to Diploma Exam dates, please check Alberta Education Diploma Exams.
Chinook Learning Services
Due to the continuing need for physical distancing, Chinook Learning Services will not be offering face-to-face classes for Summer School at this time. Instead, classes for the summer of 2020 will be offered online by CBe-learn through Brightspace by D2L using existing online courses they developed. CBe-learn will be offering both core academic and option courses at the 10 and 20 level as well as non-diploma courses at the 30 level. Please note that summer school programming is extremely condensed. This intensive setting requires that students be able to independently manage their own course loads. To learn more, visit:
Online Learning at CBe-learn
CBe-learn will offer a variety of online high school core and complementary courses during the summer of 2020. Online learning allows you the flexibly to take one summer school course to help you catch up, keep up, or get ahead! Check the links above for details and updates.
Note: Diploma courses are NOT available during the summer at CBe-learn.
- CBe-learn students | call 403-777-7971 to make arrangements with student services to register for a Summer School course
- CBE students currently attending another CBE high school | register through your high school guidance counsellor
- Non-CBE Students | please go to Alberta Online Learning for other online summer school options. We have no capacity at this time to register non-CBE students.