Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Study image of open book, pen and calculator
Conducting Research : Research in the CBE
Skip Navigation LinksCBE Home Get Involved Conducting Research

Conducting Research

Research in the CBE

All research conducted in the Calgary Board of Education (CBE) requires approval which is obtained through the research application process. If the application is approved, the researcher will receive a letter that will allow them to approach school principals for permission to conduct research. Approval to conduct research from the CBE does not obligate any school or individual in the school community to participate in the proposed research.

The CBE values educational research, however we are also mindful that students have been entrusted to our schools and so any external research must not be done at the expense of students’ academic programs or well-being.

Who should​ apply?

Applications are accepted from:

  • CBE employees conducting research as part of course work or graduate degrees, or conducting research in CBE schools for other reasons (please see Research Review Guidelines for special considerations for CBE employees)
  • Post-secondary faculty or students who are not CBE employees
  • Institutionally funded projects or external organizations (e.g., universities, colleges, agencies, hospitals).
  • CBE Students who are interested in conducting research should contact before completing or submitting a research application

Research Review G​uidelines

Please carefully review our complete Research Review Guidelines before completing an application for research. If any of these guidelines require clarification, please email

How to App​ly

After reviewing our Research Review Guidelines, please review our Research Application Process for further details on how to apply to conduct research in the CBE.


 Contact Us

Research applications

e |


 Supporting Documents

Last modified: 8/13/2018 10:26 AM
Website feedback: Webmaster