Learn more about transportation refunds on the Fees page.
Please visit our
Bus Maps and Schedules page for information on how to access bus route and stop details.
Riding the Bus Flowchart and Checklist
- Only registered students have bus route and stop information provided through
MyCBE / PowerSchool; this is to control the number of students accessing a bus in order to support maintaining healthy distances
- Only registered students should use transportation services
- Students are assigned to one stop based on their primary home address for general transportation; alternate stops will not be available
- Students will be assigned a seat by the driver; students must adhere to the seating plan
- Students must complete the
AHS health assessment every morning before leaving for the bus stop. Students or family members with COVID-19 symptoms must stay home.
- Masks are mandatory for students K-12, including on school buses
- All service providers will follow Alberta Education and Alberta Health COVID-19 guidelines
Please visit our
Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions page, Transportation Section for more information.
Transportation to New / Emerging Communities
Transportation from new or emerging communities which are still undergoing construction and development of roadways does not always align with regular transportation guidelines. The challenge in these new communities is that there is often no safe path clear of obstructions (construction supplies and equipment) on City maintained roads for the yellow bus to enter and circle around as needed.
Yellow school bus service for K-9 students will include:
- stops that are as safe as possible to access for both students and buses. This may be in a neighbouring community.
- congregated stops that are located in different communities that are located at the same distances for students in similar programs in developed areas, where possible and safe to do so.
Transportation Services will regularly monitor safety and progress of construction and roads in new areas, and change the location of stops as required during the year.
If there is no Calgary Transit service in the community or reasonable service in a neighbouring community, CBE will provide yellow bus service to high school students once there is a safe path through the community as well as a safe bus stop location.
Applying for Busing
Although pre-registration has closed, families can continue to register their child for yellow school bus transportation online using their
MyCBE / PowerSchool account. It may take up to 4-6 weeks to add new students onto existing bus routes.
Parents/guardians registered for yellow school bus service will receive a confirmation email in September. You can cancel your transportation registration with no financial penalty using
MyCBE / PowerSchool or by paper form.
After September 30, 2020, a pro-rated refund will be considered for cancellations.
For more information on registering for and using transportation, please see our manuals.