School Culture & Environment
Anti-Racism and Equity
CBE CARES: Collaboration for Anti-Racism and Equity Supports (CARES)
Introduced in June 2020, CBE CARES serves to advance equity, anti-racism and inclusion within the CBE. Every student should have the opportunity to succeed personally and academically regardless of background, identity or personal circumstances.
This initiative will engage multiple strategies to address racism, equity and inclusion in CBE schools and workplaces.
In the 2020-21 school year the CBE is committed to:
- Forming an advisory council
- Working with an external facilitator (Dr. Marie Delorme)
- Hosting listening sessions with students, staff and families
- Conducting a literature review with the University of Calgary
- A final report and recommendations will be delivered to the chief superintendent before the end of March 2021
Work is now underway and updates will be posted when available.