Health & Wellness in School
Comprehensive School Health
At the CBE, we believe in a whole school approach to health and wellness. We call this our Comprehensive School Health (CSH) approach. CSH is about healthy eating, active living, supportive social environments and positive mental health. Each school creates its own approach and goals for health and wellness, but as a system we focus on the following four areas:
Building Healthy Communities
We have many different programs, partnerships and strategies to support our schools in creating healthy communities:
- Implementing healthy school policies
- Creating supportive social and physical environments
- Schools use a variety of approaches and strategies to create safe and caring schools that best suit their communities. They are also supported by a variety of system resources.
- Teaching students about health and wellness
- Health and life skills are included in Alberta's Programs of Study, which identify what students are expected to learn and do in all subjects and grades from kindergarten to Grade 12.
- Developing strong partnerships and services with our communities
- Our students and schools health and wellness needs are supported by many organizations and generous donors who partner with us.
We are so pleased to welcome students back to school, but I know that with increasing cases of Omicron in the community, this can be a stressful time.
Jan. 12, 2022
On Jan. 5, Education Minister Adriana LaGrange confirmed that all students will return to in-person learning on Monday, Jan. 10, 2022.
Jan. 06, 2022
In a few short days we will close our schools for the winter break, and I wanted to provide some important system updates and reminders to you.
Dec. 16, 2021
For almost a decade, Centennial High School math teacher Jason Krause has organized and coordinated annual blood drives at the school.
Dec. 08, 2021
With vaccinations now available to children aged five to 11 and reports of the new Omicron variant of concern, we wanted to update families with current information.
Dec. 02, 2021