The Board of Trustees has set clear direction for student success. We are all committed to achieving these Results.
Each student in keeping with their individual abilities and gifts,
will complete high school with a foundation of learning necessary to
thrive in life, work and continued learning.
Each student will be literate and numerate, able to integrate and apply the knowledge, skills, attitudes and competencies acquired across all academic disciplines. Students will:
- Achieve at individually and appropriately challenging levels of complexity, demonstrating the higher order thinking skills of knowledge, comprehension, application, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and creativity, based on the following disciplines:
- English Language Arts
- Social Studies
- Physical Education
R-2 Academic Success
Each student will be a responsible citizen. Students will:
- Participate in developing and maintaining our Canadian civil, democratic society;
- Understand the rights and responsibilities of citizenship in local, national and international contexts;
- Respect and embrace diversity;
- Be responsible stewards of the environment by contributing to its quality and sustainability.
- Be able to lead and follow, as appropriate, and to develop and maintain positive relationships with other individuals and groups in order to manage conflict and to reach consensus in the pursuit of common goals.
Each student will identify and actively develop individual gifts, talents and interests. Students will:
- Demonstrate resilience and perseverance to overcome failure and to adapt to change.
- Take initiative, set goals, self-evaluate and strive to continuously improve.
- Have the confidence to embrace ambiguity and complexity
- Take risks appropriately.
- Make lifestyle choices based upon healthy attitudes and actions, and be able to assume responsibility for personal well-being.
- Be technologically fluent, able to use digital tools critically, ethically and safely.
R-4 Personal Development
Each student will demonstrate good character. Students will:
- Possess the strength of character to do what is right;
- Act morally with wisdom;
- Balance individual concerns with the rights and needs of others.