Building & Modernizing Schools
Peter Lougheed School
148 Saddletree Close NE, Calgary AB T3J 5J1
Community | Saddle Ridge
RegistrationSchool WebsiteCareer Opportunities
Capacity | 900 students
Opened | Sept. 2016
Grades | 5-8 (year 1); 5-9 (year 2)
School Opening Update
September 2, 2016
I promised to keep you informed regarding the opening of our school. Construction is continuing on the building and we are still waiting to receive our building occupancy permit. Once we receive the permit teachers and staff can go into the school and start setting up their classrooms prior to our students’ first day.
The first day of school will be Friday, September 9 for students at Peter Lougheed School. We will let you know if this date changes.
We will continue to take new student registrations at the Area III office located at 4711 Maryvale Drive NE. until our school opens.
Please check the school website for updates on the opening of our school and other related information. I look forward to seeing you and your children on September 9. Please contact me at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Gord Choate, Principal
Peter Lougheed School
The construction status is updated using the Construction Projects Status Report that is presented monthly to the Board of Trustees.
- Interior masonry and GWB partitions complete. Mechanical and electrical rough-ins, equipment installation and ducting ongoing. External concrete block veneer installation ongoing. External metal cladding insulation and fittings ongoing. Interior painting and flooring have commenced. Data Room has been handed over for Supernet installation. HVAC start-up commissioning has commenced. Construction is on schedule and progressing well. (new June 14, 2016)
Project Timeline and Background
- Glazing installation is complete. Interior painting has commenced. Millwork has been delivered and is being installed following flooring installation. Data Room to be handed over for Supernet installation in May 2016.
- Mechanical and electrical rough-ins and ducting ongoing. Glazing installation is 90%. External concrete block veneer installation has commenced. External metal cladding insulation and fittings have commenced. HVAC start-up commissioning meeting has commenced.
- Mechanical and electrical rough-ins ongoing. ATCO has installed the gas line and meter. Modular units have been delivered to site and are being installed. Glazing installation has commenced. Construction is on schedule.
- Exterior walls and sheathing are complete. Construction is on schedule.
- Structural steel erection is complete. Construction is on schedule.
- Site piling and foundations are complete. The full Building Permit has been approved.
- Open house was held for stakeholders to view proposed designation area, walk zone and grade configurations.
- Mobilization and construction commenced
- A post tender analysis has been completed and a recommendation for construction award has been made to Alberta Infrastructure.
- An Open House was held at the Education Centre for stakeholders to view the school design plans
- Development permit was approved by the City of Calgary
- Working drawings are being prepared for a fixed price lump
- The Province committed to the immediate planning of the final school design.
- The CBE was advised by the Minister of Education that we would be grant-funded to manage the development and construction of Saddle Ridge School.
- Alberta Infrastructure announces decision to not use a P3 construction model. See the media advisory CBE response to Alberta Infrastructure P3 schools announcement and Alberta Infrastructure press release for more information.
- The Calgary Board of Education received approval from the Province of Alberta to build a new school in the community of Saddle Ridge.
- Saddle Ridge Middle School was identified as a priority on the CBE Three-Year Capital Plan.
Design and Construction
- Project Manager - Pivotal Projects
- Prime Consultants - Gibbs Gage Architects
- LEAR Construction Management Ltd.