Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Anatomy and Physiology
Anatomy and Physiology (ANPH209) provides an overview of the anatomy and basic physiology of the human body. Areas covered will include the organization of the body; covering, support, and movement of the body; regulation and integration of body functions; maintenance of the body; and continuity of the human race. Diseases and aging processes will also be briefly discussed.
course outline for more details and
SAIT Dual Credit Handbook further information. Please note that assessment policy is at the discretion of the instructor and may vary.
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while still at high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions
- Learn about on-going opportunities and experience post-secondary learning
- Taught by experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways
- Earn high school credits and post-secondary credits
5 Credits, 30 level CTS
3 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- Are in grades 11 or 12 as of September 2023
- Have a strong interest to explore a pathway in health sciences
- Are excited about taking a post-secondary course through an online format
Bio 20 strongly recommended
Priority will be given to students with Bio 20
- Chem 20 and/or Bio 30 would be an asset
- Students should be on track to successfully pass the following courses or equivalents with an overall average of at least 60%
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
- Students must be registered as a full-time student taking at least one core academic course at their CBE home high school each semester.
- Confirm with your Student Service Advisor that your schedule allows for this program.
- Students must submit a
personal learning schedule.
Program Delivery and Location
- This course is delivered Virtually, fully online and the learning is asynchronous:
- Students learn on their own schedule, accessing the lectures and reading materials independently, however
- Students must meet all course assignment, quiz and test deadlines
- Semester 2 | February to May 2024
How to Apply
- Read through the course(s) you are interested in applying for
- Review program choice with School Off-Campus Coordinator/Guidance Counsellor for program readiness and timetabling
- You are highly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions either before or after you apply for the program(s) to ensure the program is a good fit for you
- Download and fill in the Dual Credit Application Form Package.
- Refer to the application checklist and ensure all items are complete
- Book an appointment with your Off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to complete your application with signatures from all parties
- The school will submit the application to Unique Pathways on your behalf
All applications must be received on or before
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM. An application does not guarantee a seat in the program
Applications are now closed.
Unique Pathways invites students and guardians to save the date for an Information Sessions regarding details of your program(s) of interest. Follow the link to find out meeting dates, times and a link to the online Information Session.