Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Justice Studies
Justice Studies bundles Introduction to the Criminal Justice System (JUST1101) and Diversity and Criminal Justice in Canada (JUST1102) together for a holistic introduction and examination of Canada’s Criminal Justice System. In JUST1101, students will examine the structure of the three different levels of government involved in the justice system, the various legal agencies and the overarching philosophies that govern the legal system. In JUST1102, students will discuss ethnic, racial and religious diversity within the framework of Canada’s policy of multiculturalism, with a particular emphasis placed on Aboriginal history and traditions and how this relates to policing, corrections and other aspects of the criminal justice system.
- Explore pathways in the Canadian Justice System and understand the complexity of this area of study and work
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions
- Taught by experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways
10 Credits, 30 level CTS
6 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- are in grades 11 or 12 during the program
- are enthusiastic and looking to expand their understanding of the criminal justice system in Canada
- are able to commit to the duration of the program and can attend in-person classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 1:00 – 4:00 pm for the duration of the program
on track to complete or have completed the following courses:
- ELA 20-1 or 20-2 (minimum 70%)
- Social Studies 20-1 or 20-2 (minimum 70%)
- Students are responsible for their own transportation to and from Bow Valley College (345 6 Ave SE, Calgary AB T2G 4V1)
- Please note an application does not guarantee a seat in a program. Programs have maximum cohort sizes.
Program Delivery and Location
- In-person at Bow Valley College (345 6 Ave SE, Calgary AB T2G 4V1)
- Semester 2 (February to May), Tuesdays and Thursdays, 1:00-4:00 pm
How to Apply
- Read through the course(s) you are interested in applying for
- Review program choice with School Off-Campus Coordinator/Guidance Counsellor for program readiness and timetabling
- You are highly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions either before or after you apply for the program(s) to ensure the program is a good fit for you
- Download and fill in the Dual Credit Application Form Package.
- Refer to the application checklist and ensure all items are complete
- Book an appointment with your Off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to complete your application with signatures from all parties
- The school will submit the application to Unique Pathways on your behalf
All applications must be received on or before
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM. An application does not guarantee a seat in the program
Applications are now closed.
Unique Pathways invites students and guardians to save the date for an Information Sessions regarding details of your program(s) of interest. Follow the link to find out meeting dates, times and a link to the online Information Session.