Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Solving Technology Problems II – Design Thinking and Robotics
This course (ATI3002) aims to use technology to solve problems in the growing agriculture industry. Students will explore design thinking processes in a project-based team environment and use different technologies (3D printing, robotics, etc.) to design, create, test and evaluate a prototype that addresses an issue in the booming agriculture industry. This course will break down barriers connecting future technology jobs in agriculture to urban students.
course outline and
post-diploma certificate, as well as the Olds College
Dual Credit Student Tip Sheet for program and Olds Dual Credit student information.
- Hands-on learning in an area of growth and opportunity in Alberta
- Course is taught by qualified instructors from Olds College
- Experience post-secondary learning, while in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support learning transitions
5 Credits, 30 level CTS
3 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- are in grades 11 or 12
- are interested in innovation, design and robotics
- are enthusiastic and looking to expand their understanding of how technology is impacting the growing labour market of the agriculture industry
- are able to commit to the duration of the program and can attend in-person classes on Wednesdays from 4:00 – 7:00pm for the duration of the program
- are able to access a windows-based laptop to bring to class (support available for students in need)
completed the following pre-requisite courses:
Program Delivery & Location
In person at Nelson Mandela High School (45 Saddletowne Circle NE, Calgary AB T3J 4W3)
- Please note that this program is still in development and details are subject to change.
- Semester 2 (February to May), Wednesdays, 4:00-7:00 pm
- Please note that this program is still in development and details are subject to change
How to Apply
- Read through the course(s) you are interested in applying for
- Review program choice with School Off-Campus Coordinator/Guidance Counsellor for program readiness and timetabling
- You are highly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions either before or after you apply for the program(s) to ensure the program is a good fit for you
- Download and fill in the Dual Credit Application Form Package.
- Refer to the application checklist and ensure all items are complete
- Book an appointment with your Off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to complete your application with signatures from all parties
- The school will submit the application to Unique Pathways on your behalf
All applications must be received on or before
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM. An application does not guarantee a seat in the program
Applications are now closed.
Unique Pathways invites students and guardians to save the date for an Information Sessions regarding details of your program(s) of interest. Follow the link to find out meeting dates, times and a link to the online Information Session.