Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Exploratory - Boilermaker
In partnership with The Educational Partnership Foundation (TEPF) and Boilermakers Lodge 146, this program is an introduction to the Boilermaker trade. Students will be exposed to industry environments, safe work practices and workplace culture. This on-the-job training program will give students the confidence and understanding to build future skills required to be successful on the job and in a Boilermaker apprenticeship.
This is a two (2) week pre-employment program with highly qualified, experienced instructors to prepare you to work on Boilermaker job sites. Successful graduates of the program may have an opportunity for employment with Lodge 146.
- Experience industry training and get a jump start on your industry pathway while still in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions
- Learn about on-going opportunities and potential employment opportunities
- Taught by experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways
- Earn high school credits and industry safety credentials
Open to CBE high school students who:
- Minimum 17 years of age (18 years of age and a driver’s license is preferred for employment)
- Have a strong interest to explore a pathway in the boilermaker industry
- Are excited about taking relevant industry training
completed the following pre-requisite courses:
- HCS 3000
- HCS 3010
- CSTS 2020
- Students are expected to attend each day of the program
- If enrolled in this course, students are not permitted to take other summer school courses due to the substantial time commitment to be successful.
- Students are expected to wear the Personal Protection Equipment (PPE):
- CSA approved 8” steel-toed boots (must have the CSA green triangle on boot)
- Safety clothing that pertains to the industry such long sleeve shirts, cotton pants, coveralls, etc.
Program Delivery and Location
- Students are expected to arrange transportation to and from Local 146 for the duration of the program
- In person at Lodge 146 Training School (11055 48 Street S.E., Calgary, AB T2C 1G8)
- (Monday to Friday)
- Note: No class on Monday, July 3, 2023 (Canada Day Holiday)
- Tuesday, July 4, 2023 - Monday, July 17, 2023 - 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Virtual Online Information Session, Wednesday, May 31st, 2023 | 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Zoom Meeting Link
- Summer | Tuesday, July 4 – Monday, July 17, 2023
- Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:00 pm
Virtual Mandatory Lodge 146 Apprenticeship Recruitment Information Seminar [ARIS] (unless previously attended)
- May 31st - ARIS from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm ( log in 10 minutes early – Zoom Meeting Link)
- June 20th in-person Essential Skills Assessment @ 2:00 pm- 4:30 pm ( doors will be open at 1:30 pm)
- July 4th – 14th Off Campus Exploratory Program (9-day program)
- July 17th – Fall Protection course at ACTI ( I have already booked 8 spots and will provide them with the students name closer to the date)
Address: 1305 33 St NE Bay 10, Calgary, AB T2A 5P1
How to Apply
Applications for Summer and Fall programming deadlines have passed. Please talk to your home high school Off-campus Coordinator or Guidance Counsellor to start planning for future programs! Winter courses and application deadlines will be posted in the fall.