Jun. 25, 2018
CBE students demonstrated outstanding talent and skills as they competed in the Provincial and National Skills competition held in Edmonton.
Twelve CBE high schools participated in the Provincial Skills competition from May 30 – June 1. They included: Centennial, Central Memorial, John G. Diefenbaker, Ernest Manning, Forest Lawn, Henry Wisewood, Jack James, James Fowler, Lester B. Pearson, Lord Beaverbrook, Nelson Mandela and The Career and Technology Centre.
The CBE group earned 27 medals: six gold, eight silver and 13 bronze. Students participated in 22 different events which means they medalled in 41 per cent of the events. This is amazing!
The six gold medalists got the opportunity to compete at the National Skills competition from June 3 – 6, again in Edmonton. Five of the participants won medals at the national level.
- Job Search – Central Memorial
- Public Speaking – Central Memorial – Gold medal
- 3D Animation – Central Memorial – Bronze medal
- Workplace Safety – Ernest Manning – Bronze medal
- Jobs Demonstration – Lord Beaverbrook – Gold Medal
- Fashion Technology – Lord Beaverbrook – Bronze medal