Apr. 19, 2023
July 4 - 27, 2023
The Calgary Board of Education has summer school opportunities for current CBE students. In Summer School, students can:
- Take one course, either in-person or online:
- Gain valuable work experience while earning credits through Summer Off-campus
Get answers at Summer School FAQs.
Summer school programming is extremely condensed. This intensive setting requires that students be able to independently manage their course loads.
- In-person courses, at Chinook Learning Services, run Monday – Friday, 8:15 AM to 12:56 PM, plus an expectation of student independent work for a minimum of one additional hour each school day.
- Online courses, at CBe-learn, require a minimum time commitment of 5 hours per weekday for 5-credit courses.
Credit Courses Available
Core & Option Courses are available in the following programs of study:
- Aboriginal Studies
- Career & Technology Studies
- English Language Arts
- Physical Education
- Social Sciences
- Social Studies
Students may register in a maximum of one course for Summer School. Registration details will be provided by your current high school counsellor or junior high school administrator in April 2023. Families will be notified by email the week of June 5 - 9, 2023 as to whether or not they have been enrolled. Ensure you are checking your junk/spam folder as well as your inbox for these notifications.
Due to limited space and resources only the following students are permitted to register with Chinook for Summer School 2023:
- Current CBE students in Grades 9-12
- Current Grade 9 students can only register in Mathematics 15 (offered online only)
All August Diploma Exams for in-person and online classes, will be written at Nelson Mandela High School.