Do you have a child in high school (Grades 10-12) looking for work in the skilled trades?
CAREERS is opening doors to paid internship opportunities for CBE high school students linked to Off-campus Education (work experience and apprenticeship).
Parents and students are invited to join a diverse group of employers to learn about career opportunities in the skilled trades and related occupations.
What: CAREERS Skilled Trades and Internship Fair
When: November 30, 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Where: James Fowler High School
Who: Grade 10-12 students, parents and guardians
*note: Grade 9 students are welcome to attend in order to plan ahead, but are ineligible for internships until Grade 10.
Register here to enter for door prizes!
Employers from the following areas have already been confirmed with more to come:
- Landscape Horticulturist
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic
- Hairstylist, Barber
- Sheet Metal
- Scaffolding (a module of carpentry)
- Instrumentation & Control Technician
- Agriculture Equipment Technician
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Parts Technician
- Transport Refrigerator Technician
- Sprinkler Systems Installer
- Power Systems Electrician
Students can talk to their home high school's Off-campus Coordinator or check out www.careersnextgen.ca for more details.
We hope to see you there!