Apr. 19, 2021
This is a reminder that if your child is interested in full-time online learning for the 2021-22 school year, please request a transfer to CBe-learn by this Friday, April 23, at 4 p.m.
Please disregard this message if:
- your child is planning to attend school in-person next year;
- you have already submitted CBe-learn transfer forms; or
- your child is currently attending CBe-learn as their full-time school.
If you are new to CBE, you may be receiving this information for the first time. Please see below for details.
Requesting a Transfer to CBe-learn for Online Learning Next Year
CBe-learn is the CBE's online school, offering regular programming for students in Grades 1 to 12. It operates as a single school with its own teachers and students, who attend online from their homes across Calgary. It has been part of CBE for nearly 20 years. If you are interested in online learning for next year, it's important to review the CBe-learn school website.
Hub online learning was a temporary option for the 2020-21 school year, and will not be available next year.
Transferring to CBe-learn is a commitment for the full 2021-22 school year. Students who transfer to CBe-learn from alternative programs or schools with capped enrolment/lotteries will not have their space held and would need to go through the transfer or lottery process again if they wish to return in future years.
Parents/guardians must review the CBe-learn school website and be aware of the requirements for parent/caregiver support and home technology. We also recommend completing the Online Self and Family Assessment. If parents share joint custody, all parents/guardians must agree with the decision to transfer.
To request a transfer to CBe-learn for 2021-22:
Submit both forms to the student's current or designated school (if going into Grade 1 to 9 next year) or designated high school (if going into Grade 10 to 12) by Friday, April 23, at 4 p.m. You can choose whether to complete the forms in print or digitally:
- Complete the Parent Acknowledgement of Understanding for CBe-learn.
- Complete a transfer form:
- Printed Forms: Print, complete and sign both forms. Contact the student's current or designated school to schedule a time to provide the forms to the Principal/Assistant Principal.
- Digital Forms: Complete both forms digitally. Email them to the current or designated school's main inbox, listed on the school website. The email must be sent from the parent/guardian (or independent student), using the email address on file with CBE.
Students entering Grades 10 to 12 next year should review the list of available high school courses offered through CBe-learn, prior to submitting a transfer request.
If enrolment exceeds available CBe-learn resources, a lottery/draw may be initiated for specific grade levels. If a lottery/draw is necessary, all the requests received by schools by April 23 at 4 p.m. will be included.
If you submit a request, CBe-learn will respond by May 7. All of the student's parents/guardians (or the independent student) will be sent an email confirming whether the transfer has been approved.
If you have any questions, please contact your current or designated school.