Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Aviation - Aircraft Systems
Aircraft Systems I introduces basic aerodynamics as it pertains to fixed wing aircraft, beginning with the control, stability and performance of aircraft in flight. The learner will design and build a section of wing and test their work in a wind tunnel defining the effects of lift and drag.
The principles of hydraulic fluid and the characteristics of aviation fuels required for aircraft operations are also explored, along with the basics of aircraft landing gear design and aircraft door and window systems.
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while still in high school.
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions.
- Learn about on-going opportunities and experience post-secondary learning.
- Taught by experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways.
- Earn high school credits and post-secondary credits during the program.
5 Credits, 30 level CTS
3 post-secondary credits
- Are in grades 11 or 12 during the program
- Interested in exploring a pathway leading to Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Technology
- On track to successfully pass
- Math 30-1 or Math 30-2 or Pure Math 30 or Applied Math 30, and
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
- Students must complete these courses within two weeks of being accepted into the program:
- HCS 3000 | HCS 3010 | CSTS 2020
Second Semester | Blended online and 4-5 labs at the Art Smith Aero Centre
Lab Dates: TBA
SAIT’s Art Smith Aero Centre for Training and Technology, located at the Calgary International Airport. 1916 McCall Landing NE, Calgary, AB T2E 9B5
***Students are responsible for transportation to and from this program
- Students must be registered as a Full-Time student taking at least one core academic course at their CBE home high school each semester
- Confirm with your Student Service advisor your schedule allows for this program
- Students must submit a personal learning schedule
How to Apply
- Read through the course(s) you are interested in applying for
- Review program choice with School Off-Campus Coordinator/Guidance Counsellor for program readiness and timetabling
- You are highly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions either before or after you apply for the program(s) to ensure the program is a good fit for you
- Download and fill in the Dual Credit Application Form Package.
- Refer to the application checklist and ensure all items are complete
- Book an appointment with your Off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to complete your application with signatures from all parties
- The school will submit the application to Unique Pathways on your behalf
All applications must be received on or before
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM. An application does not guarantee a seat in the program
Applications are now closed.
Unique Pathways invites students and guardians to save the date for an Information Sessions regarding details of your program(s) of interest. Follow the link to find out meeting dates, times and a link to the online Information Session.