May. 12, 2021
Pre-Register Now for Yellow School Bus Service
May. 12, 2021
Yellow school bus service levels and proposed fees for the 2021-22 school year are now available. Service levels will remain the same as the current school year. The proposed fees are lower than last year and have been subsidized by the transportation surplus from the current school year. As part of our long-term, sustainable transportation system we no longer subsidize the costs of transportation from the larger CBE budget. We continue to ensure the delivery of safe and efficient transportation for students.
Pre-registration is available using MyCBE / PowerSchool. Families must register by June 6 for students to be added to routes for the start of the school year. Transportation continues to accept registrations after the deadline; however, students are added to the closest existing stop with available space. Processing times could be up to six weeks at the beginning of the school year due to volume.
As a reminder, the ZPass card is a multi-year card. Please keep it in a safe place over the summer so it is ready to use the first day of school.
Service Levels and Fees
- Regular program, lives more than 2.4 km from school
- Specialized classes designated to general transportation
- Elementary - stop within 1.6 km
- Middle/Junior High School - stop within 1.8 km
- Alternative programs
- Regular program, lives less than 2.4 km from school
- Congregated stop for alternative programs
- Community stop for regular program (see above)
($232.50 for one-way kindergarten transportation)
Specialized Transportation (small yellow school bus)
Designated to Calgary Transit
Plan Your Trip
Fares & Passes Information
With all the uncertainty families are currently facing, we want to assure families that there is no risk in pre-registering for transportation. If families think they may need transportation services for the next school year, please pre-register by the deadline.
Benefits of Pre-Registering
Risks of not Pre-Registering
- Transportation is in place for the first day of school.
- The bus stop location and time are available by mid-August.
- A seat is assigned for your child.
- ZPass card is printed and sent to the school for students who are new to transportation.
- No fees are due at pre-registration (fees will be available in accounts after Sept. 30)
- Ability to cancel registration by Sept. 30 with no financial impact.
- The number of route updates required in the fall is reduced.
- Parents are responsible for transportation or making alternative transportation arrangements until students are added to a route.
- Your child may not be able to ride the bus for up to six weeks.
- Bus routes are created over the summer without considering your address. This could result in a bus stop further away from your home.
- The assigned bus stop may not be the closest bus stop if it doesn’t have space.
- Your child must wait for ZPass card to be printed and sent to the school.