Sep. 22, 2014
Did you know that 10-15 per cent of all learners have learning disabilities that can cause challenges in learning, daily life, self-esteem and employment.
Calgarians are invited to come and learn more about living with learning disabilities.
Wednesday evenings in October, 6 - 7:30 pm
Learning Commons, Lord Shaughnessy High School
2236 – 53 Ave SW T3E 1L2
- Oct 1: The Brain and Learning Disabilities
- Oct 8: Fostering Resilience; Focusing on Strengths
- Oct 15: Supporting Literacy at HomeHome, without Trying to Teach Reading.
This is a session for parents doing a ‘home reading program’, parents who are ESL and parents who are just tired at the end of the day. We have some suggestions for making home literacy support accessible and enjoyable.
- Oct 22: Organization and Time Management for Students with Learning Disabilities and their Families
- Oct 29: Learning Technology: How to Choose the Best Tools for Your Child
Register for any or all of these sessions at email@example.com.