Email Message Archive
Requesting a Transfer to CBe-learn for Online Learning Next Year | April 8, 2021
Apr. 08, 2021
Requesting a Transfer to CBe-learn for Online Learning Next Year
If your child is interested in full-time online learning for the 2021-22 school year, please see below for details on how to request a transfer to CBe-learn by Friday, April 23 at 4 p.m.
If your child is planning to attend school in-person next year, please disregard this email. All students, including current Hub online learning students, will automatically be enrolled for in-person learning for the 2021-22 school year. Hub online learning was a temporary option for this school year, and will not be available next year.
CBe-learn is the CBE’s online school, offering regular programming for students in Grades 1 to 12. It operates as a single school with its own teachers and students, who attend online from their homes across Calgary. It has been part of CBE for nearly 20 years. If you are interested in online learning for next year, it's important to review the CBe-learn school website.
Transferring to CBe-learn is a commitment for the full 2021-22 school year. Students who transfer to CBe-learn from alternative programs or schools with capped enrolment/lotteries will not have their space held and would need to go through the transfer or lottery process again if they wish to return in future years.
Parents/guardians must review the CBe-learn school website and be aware of the requirements for parent/caregiver support and home technology. We also recommend completing the Online Self and Family Assessment. If parents share joint custody, all parents/guardians must agree with the decision to transfer.
To request a transfer to CBe-learn for 2021-22:
- Complete the Parent Acknowledgement of Understanding for CBe-learn.
- Complete a transfer form:
- Submit both forms to the student’s current or designated school (if going into Grade 1 to 9 next year) or designated high school (for Grade 10 to 12) by Friday, April 23, at 4 p.m. You can choose whether to complete the forms in print or digitally:
- Printed Forms: Print, complete and sign both forms. Contact the student’s current or designated school to schedule a time to provide the forms to the Principal/Assistant Principal.
- Digital Forms: Complete both forms digitally. Email them to the current or designated school’s main inbox, listed on the school website. The email must be sent from the parent/legal guardian (or independent student), using the email address on file with CBE.
Students entering Grades 10 to 12 next year should review the list of available high school courses offered through CBe-learn, prior to submitting a transfer request.
If enrolment exceeds available CBe-learn resources, a lottery/draw may be initiated for specific grade levels. If a lottery/draw is necessary, all the requests received by schools by April 23 at 4 p.m. will be included.
If you submit a transfer request, CBe-learn will respond by May 7. All of the student’s parents/guardians (or the independent student) will be sent an email confirming whether the transfer has been approved.
If you have any questions, please contact your current or designated school.
CBe-learn Survey Results
Thank you to all the parents/guardians who completed the survey in March about whether you were planning to transfer your child to CBe-learn. Your responses are already helping us prepare for next year. To view a summary of the results, visit the CBe-learn website.
This message is from the Calgary Board of Education (1221 8 Street SW, Calgary, AB, T2R 0L4, phone 403-817-4000). You can unsubscribe from receiving certain messages that are considered commercial electronic messages as defined in Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation.