A career is not a static one time decision or event. It is a continuous process which can be reflected in the model we call "Career Infinity". As you progress on the journey of your life, you keep cycling through three stages.
Who Am I?
Getting to know and use your strengths is a lifelong activity. You will continue to learn, grow and become more skilled as you progress.
Explore My Options
It's important to recognize and evaluate opportunities that will help you move toward the career you want.
Set My Direction
Reflect on what you have learned then you can respond to the next event in your journey, as well as look ahead to be sure you are moving in your preferred direction.
CBE Resources & Links
- Unique Opportunities - Explore unique learning opportunities including dual credit, exploratory programs and internships
- Career Cruising - An interactive career guidance and pathways planning tool designed for people of all ages. The tool can help students to explore different career options, and plan various pathways to meet the requirements for their desired career path. Grades 6-12+
- Career & Technology Studies - Career and Technology Studies (CTS) is designed for high school students so they can explore their interests and career options. CTS offers students opportunities to develop skills that can be applied in their daily lives and improve their employability following high school.
- Career & Technology programs by area - Explore CTS programs available across the CBE
- Career & Technology Foundations - Career and Technology Foundations (CTF) helps students build their understanding of the world around them as they identify and apply career and life skills.
- High School Course Guide - Get Ready Get Set Go For It Learn more about high school and plan for your success.
- Off-campus Education & Work Experience - Contact your high school off-campus coordinator for further information and opportunities.
- Iris - The student learning plan is the primary space for students to be able to document and articulate personal learning processes. Iris supports students in developing and communicating their ongoing understandings as a learner, creating goals and exploring strategies that will enable them to be successful in their learning.
- Alis - Alberta careers, learning and employment information
- ALIS CAREERinsite - A one-stop guide to career planning for Albertans. Create your career plan, get to know yourself with quizzes and exercises, explore options, get ready and take action.
- Calgary Public Library - Job & Career Accelerator Library Card Required. An interactive career selection and job search system, including: occupation profiles, resume building, cover letter writing, interview skills and more.
- Career Exploration Centre - The Career Exploration Centre (CEC) is a fun, interactive environment where you can get hands-on experience with a variety of careers located on the SAIT campus.
- Youth Employment Centre - The City of Calgary Youth Employment Centre (YEC) offers free year round career planning and job search