Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Business Management
Build foundational knowledge of business functions including management, human resources, marketing and finance. Explore options for starting and growing a business, learn the importance of business ethics and social responsibility. Work through the basic steps of building a business plan and career plan.
course outline for more details and
SAIT Dual Credit Handbook further information. Please note that assessment policy is at the discretion of the instructor and may vary.
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while still at high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions
- Learn about on-going opportunities and experience post-secondary learning
- Taught by experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways
- Earn high school credits and post-secondary credits
5 Credits, 30 level CTS
3 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- Are in grades, 11 or 12 as of September 2023 (please note that Grade 10’s can apply for 2nd semester).
- Have a strong interest to explore a career pathway in business management, marketing and entrepreneurship.
- Excited about taking a post-secondary course through an online format
- Pre-requisite/Co-requisite requirements:
- Students should have completed Social Studies 10-1 and have strong communication skills
- The course is asynchronous, however, this is a rigorous post-secondary course and students should discuss potential timetable adjustments with their Guidance Counselor.
- Students must submit a
personal learning schedule with their application (see application checklist for details). Students should plan for a minimum of
5-8 hours of course work per week.
- Please note this course involves a major group project. Students must be able to coordinate schedules and communicate with their group members regularly.
Program Delivery and Location
This course is delivered Virtually, fully online and the learning is asynchronous:
- Students learn on their own schedule, accessing the lectures and reading materials independently, however
- Students must meet all course assignment, quiz and test deadlines
- Semester 2 | February to May 2024
How to Apply
- Read through the course(s) you are interested in applying for
- Review program choice with School Off-Campus Coordinator/Guidance Counsellor for program readiness and timetabling
- You are highly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions either before or after you apply for the program(s) to ensure the program is a good fit for you
- Download and fill in the Dual Credit Application Form Package.
- Refer to the application checklist and ensure all items are complete
- Book an appointment with your Off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to complete your application with signatures from all parties
- The school will submit the application to Unique Pathways on your behalf
All applications must be received on or before
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM. An application does not guarantee a seat in the program
Applications are now closed.
Unique Pathways invites students and guardians to save the date for an Information Sessions regarding details of your program(s) of interest. Follow the link to find out meeting dates, times and a link to the online Information Session.