Dec. 13, 2018
Children must be at least four years old on or before March 1 to start kindergarten in the fall of 2019. You can use the calculator on our kindergarten webpage to see if your child is eligible.
Every child in Calgary has a designated CBE school based on their primary home address and the program they want to attend. Please use our find a school tool to locate your child’s designated school. In addition to our excellent regular program, the CBE also offers several alternative programs.
Steps to registering your child:
- Complete the Student Registration Form.
- Bring the following documents to your designated school (regular program or alternative program):
- completed registration form
- child’s proof of age and legal name (birth certificate or passport)
- proof of your address (driver’s licence, municipal/federal correspondence, financial/residential documents or a utility bill)
Note | If your child is not a Canadian citizen, please call 403-777-7373 to make an appointment to register at Kingsland Centre (7430 – 5 Street SW).
Note | The Student Registration Form is signed in front of school personnel and proof of identification is required.
More information on kindergarten can be found on our kindergarten webpage.