Mar. 23, 2023
Southeast Calgary was packed with events in March as
Lakeshore Schools celebrated their official school openings. The three schools welcomed students in the fall and have been working hard ever since to build their communities, school culture and to make each school a welcoming and caring place for students, staff and families.
Each opening event displayed the incredible talents of students and was unique to the school’s culture and identity. They were attended by dignitaries, including:
- Charlene May, Trustee for Wards 12 and 14 and for the new schools;
- Dana Downey, Trustee for Wards 1 and 2;
- Nancy Close, Trustee for Wards 11 and 13;
- Honourable Minister Matt Jones, MLA for Calgary SE;
- Evan Spencer, Councillor for Ward 12;
- Christopher Usih, Chief Superintendent of Schools;
- Joanne Pitman, Superintendent of School Improvement; and
- Dany Breton, Superintendent of Facility and Environmental Services.
Like every CBE school, the new schools were designed to provide a top-notch educational experience to students. While the construction of each building is managed by Alberta Infrastructure and selected project managers, many CBE staff played a part in ensuring the schools were ready to welcome students when construction was completed.
Congratulation to Mahogany, Bayside and Lakeshore Schools on their opening events!
Mahogany School Opening
Bayside School Opening
Lakeshore School Opening