Unique Pathways & Off-campus Education
Dual Credit - Veterinary Practice: The Team Connection
Veterinary Practice: The Team Connection (AHT1140) students will become familiar with the aspects of the service cycle within a veterinary clinic. Students will explore veterinary software and their specific application to operating a veterinary practice. They will apply communication skills to create positive experiences for veterinary clients.
course outline for more details and the Olds College
Dual Credit Student Tip Sheet for information about being an Olds College Dual Credit student.
- Get a jump start on your post-secondary education while still in high school
- Build confidence through developing learning strategies and skills that support your learning transitions
- Earn high school credits and post-secondary credits
- Learn about on-going opportunities and experience post-secondary learning
- Taught by experienced instructors who are connected to industry and support students in making meaningful connections to career pathways
5 Credits, 30 level CTS
3 post-secondary credits
Open to CBE high school students who:
- are in grades 11 or 12 during the program
- have a strong interest to explore a pathway in animal sciences
- are excited about taking a post-secondary course through an online format
- have completed (or are on track to complete) the following pre/co-requisite courses:
- Science 10
- English Language Arts 10-1 or English Language Arts 10-2 (minimum 60%)
- The course is asynchronous, so students will not need to adjust their timetable. However, this is a rigorous post-secondary course and is the equivalent of one, 5 credit semester course
- Students must submit a Personal Learning Schedule (see application checklist for details) to support the minimum of 5-8 hours of course work per week
- Students will be expected to communicate with both their supervising teacher and SAIT instructor on a regular basis
Program Delivery and Location
- This course is delivered fully online and the learning is asynchronous:
- students learn on their own schedule, accessing the lectures and reading materials independently, however
- students must meet all course assignment, quiz and test deadlines
- Semester 2 - February to May 2023
How to Apply
- Read through the course(s) you are interested in applying for
- Review program choice with School Off-Campus Coordinator/Guidance Counsellor for program readiness and timetabling
- You are highly encouraged to attend the Information Sessions either before or after you apply for the program(s) to ensure the program is a good fit for you
- Download and fill in the Dual Credit Application Form Package.
- Refer to the application checklist and ensure all items are complete
- Book an appointment with your Off-campus coordinator and/or guidance counselor to complete your application with signatures from all parties
- The school will submit the application to Unique Pathways on your behalf
All applications must be received on or before
Monday, November 20, 2023 at 4:00 PM. An application does not guarantee a seat in the program
Applications are now closed.
Unique Pathways invites students and guardians to save the date for an Information Sessions regarding details of your program(s) of interest. Follow the link to find out meeting dates, times and a link to the online Information Session.